Smart Feature: Auto-optimising (IMT) Technology
The POWERbreathe K-Series features Auto-Optimising Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) which means it automatically adapts to your own personal training requirements.
Why this is beneficial
When your lungs are empty, your muscles are at their strongest. As they fill up with air, they gradually loose strength. Physiologically, this is to stop you being able to over inflate your lungs. If you put a strong resistance against the in-breath, you will only be able to exercise the inspiratory muscle for the first part of the breath. The POWERbreathe K-Series automatically changes the resistance / load, lessening gradually to match the strength curve of the breathing muscles during an entire breath to maximise the training effect and results.
Smart Feature: K5 Breathe-Link Software for PC and MAC
The K5 Breathe-Link Software for PC/MAC enables real-time training and performance measuring and testing. The POWERbreathe K5 must be connected to the PC/MAC while training for the Software to function. Note: Breathe-Link Mac software will only work for x86_64 bit architecture. It is not compatible with the latest Mac Operating system OSX Mavericks.
The K5 Breathe-Link software enables you to select specific training and testing parameters and then assess inspiratory muscle condition, training progress to try and beat your previous scores, all the time training your inspiratory muscles.
K5 Smart Breathe-Link Software summary
- Real-time breathing measurement and analysis
- Import and export of .bre files (breathing file extension) to allow data sharing amongst Breathe-Link users
- Real-time, live test feedback graphical display with enhanced visual feedback
- Detailed, simultaneous plotting and analysis of data
- Detailed high resolution records of each session, generated into pdf format for printing
- Creation of your own personalised breathing training sessions
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe training, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor in the first instance.
- Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
The K5 is PC and MAC compatible, working on the following MAC OS. Mac software will only work for x86_64 bit architecture.
- Version 10.9: "Mavericks”
- Version 10.10: "Yosemite”
- Version 10.11: "El Capitan"
- Version 10.4: "Tiger"
- Version 10.5: "Leopard"
- Version 10.6: "Snow Leopard"
- Version 10.7: "Lion"
- Version 10.8: "Mountain Lion"
Main features of the K5 live feedback Breathe-Link Software for PC / MAC:
- Allows a maximum of 30 user profiles and 1200 stored sessions per user
- Breathe-Link Import and Export feature
- Breathe-Link Graphical View
- Breathe-Link Analytics Pro VIew
- Breathe-Link Print Session Detail
- Breathe-Link PDF Generator
- Breathe-Link Custom Mode
- The POWERbreathe K5 has helped massively Review by Liz McTernan
Without a doubt, the POWERbreathe K5 has helped massively with my training and racing, so many thanks for a great product!
(Posted on 13/05/2015)