HaB International Ltd cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services and websites (collectively, our “Services”).
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our Data Protection Administrator by contacting us at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
HaB International Ltd is a ‘Controller’ of data. Your personal data includes information such as:
- Company Details, including Tax and Company Registration Number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment Details
- Order History
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
Our Legal basis for collecting your data.
We can’t process your orders or let you know about what we offer without collecting and storing data. We collect and store a variety of information using Legitimate Interests as our legal basis.
- We have a Legitimate Interest for collecting data which is to be reasonably expected as part of running our business.
How do we collect this information?
Much of what you would consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- Complete a purchase
- Fill in contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us
- Participate in activities we promote or surveys
- Apply for a job
- When you comment on or review our products and services
We may also find your details in the public domain – online or via social media – if we believe our services are relevant or may be of interest to you.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information to provide our products and services to you.
- Processing orders, including payments, made through Our Website, over the phone or upon receipt of a Purchase Order
- Creating and managing your account
- Verifying your identity, keeping your details secure
- To communicate with you, and answer any queries that you may have
- To administer your participation in promotions, special offers and market research
- Subject to your consent, to send you promotional materials and other communications and information which we think you might find useful (such as special offers or newsletters) through email, postal mail and telephone.
Communicating with you
We may contact you regarding products or services you have signed up to or purchased from us. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or because we believe that you may be interested in receiving such information. We consider how we send these communications to be unobtrusive, the volume limited and the content as being relevant. We will always provide a link for you to opt out of receiving further correspondence or contact us to object and we will not contact you again..
You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services.
Sharing with trusted third parties.
We only share your personal data when it is necessary to provide services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These Third Parties include companies and affiliates that:
- Process credit card payments
- Delivery Companies
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you, including surveys.
- Google/Facebook. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
- Perform analysis of our Services and customers
- Communicate with you, such as by newsletter
- Customer relationship management
- We are also required by law to share some personal data with government bodies and agencies (Invoice details to HMRC for example). Or we may pass your details to debt collection agencies or law enforcers to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
- If you are outside the UK, we may pass your details on to one of our local distributors who may be better able to help you with a query or fulfil an order.
Please be assured:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
How long will we store your information?
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate, legal or business purposes.
For example, order details are kept for 7 years in case HMRC require them.
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We make every effort to safely store and protect your personal data.
We regularly audit our data management systems, including data risk assessments to make sure that our processes are as secure and safe as possible.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your rights?
You can contact us to:
- Ask for a copy or list of the Personal Data about you that we hold or process.
- Request that we make a correction to the Personal Data for you we hold or process.
- Inform us that you want the Personal Data we hold on you erased. This excludes any data that we are required to keep by law.
- Withdraw consent. Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for any reason. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. We would always let you know the reasons behind any decision, which are likely to be due to legal reasons.
Opting out of receiving direct marketing communications will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your Personal Data; or our handling of a related request you can complain to us at email@example.com or the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Telephone: 01926 816100
Post: HaB International Ltd