£6,600.00 Ex VAT £6,600.00
The only real time, multi-frequency body composition system, the Maltron BioScan 920-2 offers detailed analysis to professionals requiring a better understanding of segmental or whole body changes.
The Maltron Bioscan 920-2 allows storage of data for up to 1000 patients, which can be downloaded via fast medically isolated USB transfer into the latest Maltron PC software, enabling extensive analysis to be performed.
The BioScan 920-II Multi-frequency Analyser with its unique features is a rapid, non-invasive, inexpensive method for evaluating hydration and nutrition status. The use of Maltron Analysers as excellent estimators continues to increase in the global field of Medical Science.
- Additional information
- What results are displayed?
- Clinical & Medical Applications
- Reviews (0)
The BioScan 920-2 Multi-frequency Analyser with its unique features is a rapid, non-invasive, inexpensive method for evaluating hydration and nutrition status. The use of Maltron Analysers as excellent estimators continues to increase in the global field of Medical Science.
The advanced circuitry and processing power of the BioScan 920-2 allows it to measure Extracellular (ECF) and Intracellular Fluid (ICF) volume without the need for complex clinical techniques like radioisotope dilution. In addition to estimating the standard parameters, this advanced system is the world’s first to provide an estimation of mineral content.
All data is recorded and displayed immediately for analysis by the system. Results can be viewed on the large graphic LCD display or downloaded via PC to the software for analysis.
Maltron’s state of the art circuitry allows you to monitor fluid changes and shift in whole body, thorax, trunk, legs and arms.
At various frequencies biological tissues act as conductors or insulators and current applied will follow a path of least resistance. This is because Fat Free Mass (FFM) which contains large amounts of water (73%) and electrolytes are good conductors of electrical current than Fat Mass (FM). Current passes through Extra Cellular fluid at low frequencies and at higher it penetrates cell membranes passing through both Intracellular and Extracellular fluid. Fat Mass contains very little water and is a poor conductor of electrical current.
Water, the most abundant element of the body, accounts for almost 50-60% of an adults body weight. The total body water is divided into Intracellular Fluid (ICF) and Extracellular Fluid (ECF). Intracellular fluid is found within the cell mass of the body and Extracellular is outside the cells. The makeup of the ECF includes interstitial fluid, blood plasma, cerebrospinal fluid, intraocular fluid and gastrointestinal fluid.
ICF and ECF compartments in a healthy individual are highly regulated. In disease conditions, excess fluid accumulation occurs in the Extracellular spaces.
The parameters measured by the BioScan 920-2 provide an assessment of clinical and nutritional status helping detect abnormal conditions.
Data for up to 1000 patients
- Portable Semi Auto Recalibration check
- Non-invasive Automatic switch off
- No undressing Quick, Safe and Easy
- Pre-calibration No Computer Required
- Highly accurate Automatic Data Storage
- Metric / Imperial Displays results and Targets
- Battery operated USB Fast Data Transfer
- Data Storage
- No assistance or technical knowledge required
What results are displayed?
- Impedance Total Body POTASSIUM Target Water (min / max) %
- Phase Angle Total Body Calcium Mass Extra cellular Fluid
- Resistance Glomerular Filtration Rate Extra cellular Water Volume
- Reactance Creatinine Intercellular Water Volume
- Capacitance Body Volume Total Body Water Volume
- Dry Weight Fat % Extra cellular Water %
- Body Cell Mass Fat Mass Intercellular Water %
- Extra cellular Mass Fat-Free Mass Total Body Water %
- Protein Mass Fat-Free Mass %
- Extra cellular / Intracellular Water
- Mineral Mass Body Mass Index Interstitial-Fluid Extra vascular
- Muscle Mass Rest Metabolic Rate Plasma-fluid (Intravascular)
- Glycogen Mass Target Fat (min / max) %
- Body Density Target Weight (min / max)
Clinical & Medical Applications
- Fluid retention
- Medical Research
- Assessing malnutrition
- Dry weight assessment
- Epidemiologic field studies
- Monitoring Patient recovery
- Monitoring Diabetes Patients
- Monitoring the effects of drugs
- Estimation of Body Composition
- Monitoring effects of weight loss
- Effects of Hydration and dehydration
- Eating disorders and effects of fasting
- Body Composition assessment in elderly
- Assessing patients with a medical condition
- Bedside Diagnostic & Monitoring of Patients
- Assessment of overweight and obese patients
- Body Composition assessment during pregnancy
- Estimation of Total Body Water, Extra/Intracellular Water
- Hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women
- Monitoring Dialysis & Burns patients receiving fluid therapy
- Monitoring of body Fluid in patients before and after surgery
- Cystic Fibrosis patients can be monitored for the effects of medications
- Planning fluid balance in cardiac, paediatric, neonatal and hepatic patient and those in Intensive care units