Breathe Strong Perform Better (By Alison McConnell)
£13.99 Ex VAT £13.99
Breathe Strong, Perform Better explains how anyone, from amateur to elite athletes, can use breathing training to increase power and comfort, improve performance, accelerate recovery and reduce injury risk.
For more information about POWERbreathe breathing training products, please refer to POWERbreathe.com
Today’s top athletes, as well as their coaches and trainers, know the benefits that breathing muscle training provides. From performance to conditioning, the results are clear. Now with ‘Breathe Strong, Perform Better’, you will learn how to use breathing training to excel.
In this comprehensive guide, the world’s leading authority on breathing muscle training, Alison McConnell, will show you how to apply the latest scientific research and case studies to maximise training, conditioning, and performance. With the detailed instruction, practical advice, and easy-to-use sample programs in ‘Breathe Strong, Perform Better’, you will be able to achieve these goals:
- Increase breathing strength, power, and endurance
- Improve breathing comfort
- Improve performance times
- Accelerate training and performance recovery
- Enhance breathing efficiency
- Reduce whole body effort
- Minimise the risk of injury
In addition, you’ll find more than 20 sample workouts for specific sports and fitness activities, including basketball, cycling, football, running, football, swimming and weight training.
With professional insights, exercise tips and advice for integrating breathing training into existing training programs, this guide has it all. If you are ready to improve your fitness, increase performance, or simply maximise your enjoyment of exercise, ‘Breathe Strong, Perform Better’ is the guide you can’t be without.
Foreword by Sir Matthew Pinsent.
Part I – The Science of Breathing:
- Chapter 1. Breathing During Exercise
- Chapter 2. Performance Limitations of Breathing Muscles
- Chapter 3. Training Response of Breathing Muscles
- Chapter 4. Performance Benefits of Breathing Muscle Training
Part II – Breathing Muscle Training:
- Chapter 5. Training the Breathing Muscles
- Chapter 6. Building Your Foundation
- Chapter 7. Training for Exercise and Fitness
- Chapter 8. Training for Endurance Sports
- Chapter 9. Training for Team Sports
- Chapter 10. Training for Racket, Striking, and Throwing Sports
- Chapter 11. Exercises for Breathing Muscle Training.