Mountaineering: Training And Preparation Book
£18.99 Ex VAT £18.99
Mountaineering: Training and Preparation covers planning, coordination and conditioning for mountaineering. It is based on the experiences of the editors Carlton Cooke, Dave Bunting and John O’Hara, along with members of the 2006 British Army West Ridge Expedition and sport and exercise scientists from Leeds Metropolitan University.
This is a must read before any expedition!
Whether you’re an experienced mountaineer, a hardened climber, or about to embark on your first expedition, nothing is more critical than anticipating, understanding, and preparing for the adversities and accomplishments that await you and your team.
In Mountaineering: Training and Preparation, Carlton Cooke, Dave Bunting, and John O’Hara, along with members of the British Army Everest West Ridge Expedition team and sport and exercise scientists from Leeds Metropolitan University, share their insights, experiences and expertise on many aspects of mountaineering including:
- Selecting the right team for each expedition
- Physical conditioning and training programs to ensure success
- Nutritional strategies for your training and expeditions
- Team safety, climbing precautions, and first aid
- Preparing for and surviving in extreme conditions
From the technical aspects of a climb to the leadership and teamwork skills so essential to success, this comprehensive guide covers all of the essentials for a safe and successful expedition.
Can only be shipped to UK and Ireland
Part I Planning and Team Selection
- Chapter 1 Logistics and Planning
- Chapter 2 Team Selection
- Chapter 3 Preparation
- Chapter 4 Equipment
- Chapter 5 First Aid, Travel, and Acclimatization
Part II Conditioning and Nutrition for Expeditions
- Chapter 6 Fitness and Training
- Chapter 7 Endurance Training
- Chapter 8 Strength and Power Training
- Chapter 9 Nutrition for Training
- Chapter 10 Nutrition for Expeditions
Part III Expedition Leadership and Psychology
- Chapter 11 Psychological Skills in the Outdoors
- Chapter 12 Resilience
- Chapter 13 Leadership