POWERbreathe K4 Electronic Breathing Trainer
£525.00 Inc Tax £437.50 Ex Tax
The POWERbreathe K4 offers elite breathing training for individuals whose goal it is to be at the top of their game. The Breathe-Link Software lets you take the guesswork out of your training; monitor and analyse your breathing and view test results on screen, to maximise your potential and performance.
Features of the K4 live feedback Breathe-Link PC Software:
- Allows a maximum of 10 user profiles and 1200 stored sessions per user
- Breathe-Link Import and Export feature
- Breathe-Link PC Graphical View
- Additional information
- Use & Care
- Compare K-Series Devices
- Precautions & Contraindications
- Declaration of Conformity
- Reviews (0)
The POWERbreathe K-Series features Auto-Optimising Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) that automatically adapts to your own personal training requirements.
Why is this beneficial?
When your lungs are empty, your muscles are at their strongest. As they fill up with air, they gradually lose strength. Physiologically, this is to stop you being able to over-inflate your lungs. If you put a strong resistance against the in-breath, you will only be able to exercise the inspiratory muscle for the first part of the breath. The POWERbreathe K-Series automatically changes the resistance/load, decreasing gradually to match the strength curve of the breathing muscles during an entire breath to maximise the training effect and results.
The POWERbreathe training regime of 30 breaths twice a day, typically takes only a few minutes a day, and when used correctly you should start to feel the benefits within just a few weeks.
POWERbreathe is drug-free and natural with no side effects or drug interactions.
What’s included in the box?
- POWERbreathe K4 Inspiratory Muscle Trainer
- Recharging & display stand
- Instructional DVD (approx: 35-mins)
- Soft-touch nose-clip
- Mouthpiece: Material – TPE (Thermoplastic elastomers)
- Storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets
- User Manual
|Dimensions||34 × 18 × 10 cm|
Load, Power, Volume
- Auto-optimising IMT technology – automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Advanced variable load training – optimised to match the strength profile of your inspiratory muscles
- Rapid response valve mechanism used to load inspiratory muscles
- 4 x Breathing Modes: Training Mode; Warm-up Mode; Cool-down Mode; Relax Mode
- Simple LCD menu system for navigating through different settings and to view training results
- Results Display:
– Latest session load (cmH2O)
– Inspiratory muscle strength improvement (%)
– Previous session load (cmH2O)
– Graphical load history (last 38 sessions)
– Lung Volume (Litres)
– Latest session power (Watts)
– Inspiratory muscle power improvement (%)
– Previous session power (Watts)
– Graphical power history (last 38 sessions)
– Latest session work (Joules)
– Inspiratory muscle work improvement (%)
– Previous session work (Joules)
– Graphical work history (last 38 sessions)
- Training guidance system, including breathing pacing coach
- Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique
- A detachable valve assembly for easy cleaning
- Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use
- Ergonomic grip design
Use & Care
- Charge the unit.
- Power on.
- Select ‘start’ from the menu then, select ‘train’.
- Put the nose-clip on.
- Breathe – until you hear the beep. Repeat for 30 breaths.
- View results.
Precautions & Contraindications
POWERbreathe IMT is drug free, suitable for almost anyone and should cause no harmful side effects when used properly. Please read the following precautions and contraindications to ensure that POWERbreathe IMT is used safely and appropriately.
- The patient must not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting their doctor.
- The K-Series devices are not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use the POWERbreathe whilst taking part in other activities where you may become distracted, such as walking, running and driving.
- If you have a pacemaker or other medical implant containing magnets or electronics, please consult with your doctor before using the POWERbreathe K-Series devices.
- POWERbreathe should not be used if the patient is suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the eardrum.
- It is not recommended to use POWERbreathe if you have suffered from or are likely to suffer from Costochondritis.
- To prevent the potential transmission of infections, we recommend that POWERbreathe is not shared with other users, including family members.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for exercising the inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or implied.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult. POWERbreathe contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7 years.
- Whilst training with POWERbreathe the patient should feel resistance when inhaling but it should not be painful. If the patient feels pain whilst using POWERbreathe they should stop immediately and consult their doctor.
- Some users may experience slight ear discomfort when training with POWERbreathe, especially if they are recovering from a cold. This is caused by inadequate equalisation of pressure between the mouth and ears. If symptoms persist, patients should consult their doctor.
- If a patient is suffering from a cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that they do not use POWERbreathe until symptoms have disappeared.
- If you start to feel dizzy using POWERbreathe IMT, please pause until recovered and take longer gaps between breaths.
Healthcare Professional should take into consideration the following conditions before patients use POWERbreathe:
- A history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition.
- Pulmonary hypertension or large bullae on chest x-ray.
- Marked osteoporosis with history of rib fractures.
- Desaturation during or following IMT (<94%).
Inspiratory muscle training, such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with certain conditions, including the following:
- Patients who have undergone recent abdominal surgery and those with an abdominal hernia.
- Asthma patients who have a very low symptom perception and suffer from frequent, severe exacerbations or with an abnormally low perception of dyspnoea
- If a patient is suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the ear
- Patients with marked elevated left ventricular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Patients with worsening heart failure signs and symptoms after RMT / IMT
- If you are suffering from a cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that you do not use your POWERbreathe IMT device