POWERbreathe KH1 Medical Electronic IMT
This product is not available to buy online.
If you would like more information on the product, or would like to purchase, please get in touch.
The POWERbreathe KH1 is the world’s first digital, handheld respiratory muscle training, assessment and monitoring device.
It one of the latest models in the series of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Trainers for the health and medical market, following the POWERbreathe Medic that was approved for prescription in March 2006.
The POWERbreathe KH1 is intended for use by healthcare professionals for inspiratory muscle training and assessment in patients with dyspnoea, including patients with asthma, COPD, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, heart disease, neuromuscular disease, Parkinson’s disease and spinal injury.
- Additional information
- Who is it ideal for?
- Training Results Displayed
- Reviews (0)
The POWERbreathe KH1 is intended for use by healthcare professionals for inspiratory muscle training and assessment in patients with dyspnoea, including patients with asthma, COPD, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, heart disease, neuromuscular disease, Parkinson’s disease and spinal injury*.
The POWERbreathe KH1 can be used with disposable filters attached to a spacer making it suitable for use at the patient bedside, on a ward and in clinics, as well as for single patient use at home under medical supervision.
POWERbreathe is drug-free and natural with no side effects or drug interactions.
The POWERbreathe KH1 training resistance is specifically designed to match the dynamic changes in breathing muscle strength throughout the breath and can automatically adapt to increases in inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session.
|Maximal Inspiratory Pressure||
cmH2O, highest 1 second average
|Peak Inspiratory Flow||
|Average inhaled volume||
- Auto-optimising IMT technology – assesses the strength of the breathing muscles and automatically adapts the resistance accordingly
- Training intensity selector
- Washable valve system
- Training guidance system, including breathing pacing coach
- Training session display
- POWER system
- Test mode – Strength Index (S-Index)
- Training Index results (T-Index)
- Multi-Person Usage (MPU)
- Respiratory Muscle Testing (RMT) (Icon displaying MIP & PIF)
- A detachable valve assembly for easy cleaning
- Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use
- Ergonomic grip design
Who is it ideal for?
- General Practitioners
- Respiratory and cardiac specialists
Training Results Displayed
- Maximal Inspiratory Pressure (cmH2O, highest 1 second average)
- Peak Inspiratory Flow (L/s)
- Training load (cmH2O)
- Average Power (Watts)
- Average inhaled volume (L)
- T-Index (training intensity index)
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
- Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent severe exacerbations. Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum. Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.