POWERbreathe Medic Plus
£49.99 Inc Tax £41.66 Ex Tax
The POWERbreathe Medic Plus is the second generation of POWERbreathe Medic RMT (Respiratory Muscle Training) devices and features a 65% improvement in airflow dynamics compared to the first generation POWERbreathe Medic.
POWERbreathe Medic Plus is scientifically proven to strengthen your respiratory muscles, reducing breathlessness, improving exercise tolerance and enhancing quality of life in a wide range of patients. POWERbreathe offers an evidence-based, drug-free treatment for patients with a variety of medical conditions including COPD, Heart Failure, Asthma, Rehabilitation following Thoracic Surgery, Ventilator Weaning, Cystic Fibrosis and Neuromuscular Disease.
Scientifically proven to strengthen your respiratory muscles, the POWERbreathe Medic Plus can be used by a wide range of patients to reduce breathlessness, improve exercise tolerance and enhance quality of life.
The POWERbreathe Medic Plus offers a lower entry load compared to the first generation POWERbreathe Medic, to suit patients who have severe breathing difficulties, where even the lightest resistance could prove too challenging.
You will notice that you have to work harder to breathe in when training with your POWERbreathe Medic Plus. This is the effect of resistance training acting on the inspiratory muscles, primarily the diaphragm and rib cage muscles, used when you inhale. When breathing out, there is no resistance and you can breathe out normally, allowing your chest and breathing muscles to relax, naturally pushing the air from your lungs.
When used correctly, as detailed in your user manual, you should begin to enjoy the benefits of using your POWERbreathe Medic Plus in just a few weeks.
Laboratory Proven Training Regime
- Twice a day, simply breathe 30 times through the device against the adjustable resistance. It takes less than 5-minutes.
- As your breathing muscle strength improves, simply adjust and increase the resistance as you would with any other form of exercise
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless, and within 4 weeks activities will feel easier.
Can only be shipped to UK and Ireland
- Drug-free & natural with no side effects or drug interactions
- 65% improvement in airflow dynamics (compared to POWERbreathe Medic)
- Easy to adjust and read resistance gauge
- Lower entry load – suitable for patients with a variety of medical conditions including COPD
- Adjustable training resistance; variable load settings (0 – 10 levels)
- Variable load range 9 – 78 cm/H20 (with the removable spring fitted)
- Comfortable mouthpiece
- New mouthpiece design suitable for ages 7+
- Simple disassembly for cleaning
Use, Care and Cleaning
Simply put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together and then breathe in through the POWERbreathe (use a little extra effort than you would to breathe normally), and the device will do the rest. Improvement in breathing efficiency can be seen in as little as 4-weeks. Comes with full instructions.
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see the POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using these POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets – only 1 tablet is required each time.