POWERbreathe Medic Plus
£49.99 Inc Tax £41.66 Ex Tax
The POWERbreathe Medic Plus is the second generation of POWERbreathe Medic RMT (Respiratory Muscle Training) devices and features a 65% improvement in airflow dynamics compared to the first generation POWERbreathe Medic.
POWERbreathe Medic Plus is scientifically proven to strengthen your respiratory muscles, reducing breathlessness, improving exercise tolerance and enhancing quality of life in a wide range of patients. POWERbreathe offers an evidence-based, drug-free treatment for patients with a variety of medical conditions including COPD, Heart Failure, Asthma, Rehabilitation following Thoracic Surgery, Ventilator Weaning, Cystic Fibrosis and Neuromuscular Disease.
Please note: In North America, the POWERbreathe Medic is called the POWERbreathe Wellness Plus.
- Additional information
- Use, Care and Cleaning
- Declaration of Conformity
- Precautions & Contraindications
- Reviews (0)
Scientifically proven to strengthen your respiratory muscles, the POWERbreathe Medic Plus can be used by a wide range of patients to reduce breathlessness, improve exercise tolerance and enhance quality of life.
The POWERbreathe Medic Plus offers a lower entry load compared to the first generation POWERbreathe Medic, to suit patients who have severe breathing difficulties, where even the lightest resistance could prove too challenging.
You will notice that you have to work harder to breathe in when training with your POWERbreathe Medic Plus. This is the effect of resistance training acting on the inspiratory muscles, primarily the diaphragm and rib cage muscles, used when you inhale. When breathing out, there is no resistance and you can breathe out normally, allowing your chest and breathing muscles to relax, naturally pushing the air from your lungs.
When used correctly, as detailed in your user manual, you should begin to enjoy the benefits of using your POWERbreathe Medic Plus in just a few weeks.
Laboratory Proven Training Regime
- Twice a day, simply breathe 30 times through the device against the adjustable resistance. It takes less than 5-minutes.
- As your breathing muscle strength improves, simply adjust and increase the resistance as you would with any other form of exercise
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless, and within 4 weeks activities will feel easier.
|Dimensions||18 × 12 × 8 cm|
- Drug-free & natural with no side effects or drug interactions
- 65% improvement in airflow dynamics (compared to POWERbreathe Medic)
- Easy to adjust and read resistance gauge
- Lower entry load – suitable for patients with a variety of medical conditions including COPD
- Adjustable training resistance; variable load settings (0 – 10 levels)
- Variable load range 9 – 78 cm/H20 (with the removable spring fitted)
- Comfortable mouthpiece
- New mouthpiece design suitable for ages 7+
- Simple disassembly for cleaning
Use, Care and Cleaning
Simply put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together and then breathe in through the POWERbreathe (use a little extra effort than you would to breathe normally), and the device will do the rest. Improvement in breathing efficiency can be seen in as little as 4-weeks. Comes with full instructions.
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week your POWERbreathe should be soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes (see the POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week POWERbreathe should be soaked in a mild cleansing solution instead of water, using these POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets – only 1 tablet is required each time.
Declaration of Conformity
Precautions & Contraindications
POWERbreathe IMT is drug free, suitable for almost anyone and should cause no harmful side effects when used properly. Please read the following precautions and contraindications to ensure that POWERbreathe IMT is used safely and appropriately.
- The patient must not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting their doctor.
- The K-Series devices are not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use the POWERbreathe whilst taking part in other activities where you may become distracted, such as walking, running and driving.
- If you have a pacemaker or other medical implant containing magnets or electronics, please consult with your doctor before using the POWERbreathe K-Series devices.
- POWERbreathe should not be used if the patient is suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the eardrum.
- It is not recommended to use POWERbreathe if you have suffered from or are likely to suffer from Costochondritis.
- To prevent the potential transmission of infections, we recommend that POWERbreathe is not shared with other users, including family members.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for exercising the inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or implied.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult. POWERbreathe contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7 years.
- Whilst training with POWERbreathe the patient should feel resistance when inhaling but it should not be painful. If the patient feels pain whilst using POWERbreathe they should stop immediately and consult their doctor.
- Some users may experience slight ear discomfort when training with POWERbreathe, especially if they are recovering from a cold. This is caused by inadequate equalisation of pressure between the mouth and ears. If symptoms persist, patients should consult their doctor.
- If a patient is suffering from a cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that they do not use POWERbreathe until symptoms have disappeared.
- If you start to feel dizzy using POWERbreathe IMT, please pause until recovered and take longer gaps between breaths.
Healthcare Professional should take into consideration the following conditions before patients use POWERbreathe:
- A history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition.
- Pulmonary hypertension or large bullae on chest x-ray.
- Marked osteoporosis with history of rib fractures.
- Desaturation during or following IMT (<94%).
Inspiratory muscle training, such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with certain conditions, including the following:
- Patients who have undergone recent abdominal surgery and those with an abdominal hernia.
- Asthma patients who have a very low symptom perception and suffer from frequent, severe exacerbations or with an abnormally low perception of dyspnoea
- If a patient is suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the ear
- Patients with marked elevated left ventricular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Patients with worsening heart failure signs and symptoms after RMT / IMT
- If you are suffering from a cold, sinusitis or respiratory tract infection, we advise that you do not use your POWERbreathe IMT device