Shaker Medic Plus
£44.99 Inc Tax £37.49 Ex Tax
The Shaker Medic Plus by POWERbreathe is a mucus clearance device. It can be sterilised in an autoclave making it ideal for clinical settings.
- Additional information
- Compare Shakers
- Declaration of Conformity
- Reviews (0)
Like the other Shaker products, inside the casing of the shaker is a weighted ball. By breathing into the Shaker Medic Plus, the ball is raised but then falls under its own weight. This rise and fall action happens extremely quickly and to the user, feels like a vibration. This vibration, combined with the gentle resistance created by breathing against the ball causes a number of positive benefits. Changes in air pressure mean the smaller airways are encouraged to open, increasing lung usage and efficiency. Mucus is thinned or dislodged by the vibration and increased airflow helps this mucus to move to the large airways where gentle coughing can expel it.
The Shaker Medic Plus is the next generation model that employs improved airflow for higher intensity vibrations. Excellent for increasing expectoration, improving lung function and reducing dyspnoea. It is particularly beneficial for conditions such as COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis and Bronchitis.
The major benefit of the Shaker Medic Plus ‘multi-user’ version is that it can be reused when sterilised in an autoclave between uses.
Care and maintenance
Because your Shaker Medic Plus will be exposed to saliva during use, we recommend that your Shaker Medic Plus is cleaned after each use, following standard autoclave processes.
|Minimum Pressure Required||
Injected Polymide, Nickel Plated Steel
Minimum pressure required when using Shaker products:
- Shaker Classic: 9cmH2O
- Shaker Deluxe: 11 cmH2O
- Shaker Deluxe Light: 8cmH2O
- Shaker Deluxe Kids: 8cmH2O
- Shaker Medic Plus – 8 cmH2O
- Mechanical Behaviors of Flutter VRP1, Shaker, and Acapella Devices
- Utilization of a High-Frequency Oral Oscillatory Device with Mechanical Ventilation
- Analysis of the functioning of the Shaker® to diverse levels of ﬂow
- Respiratory physiotherapy in patients with cystic fibrosis: a literature review
- The use of oral high-frequency oscillation in mechanically ventilated patients: a study prospective and literature revision
- Effect of oral high-frequency oscillation technique at different expiratory pressures on heart autonomic function and cardiorespiratory parameters
- Shaker is a single user device and for hygiene purposes, should not be shared with other users.
- Shaker should not be used by individuals with pneumothorax.
- Individuals with severe cardiovascular disease should only use Shaker on advice from a Doctor.
- Do not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting your doctor.
- Adult supervision may be required, when being used by children under the age of 16. The Shaker contains small parts (i.e. the small steel ball used within the casing to ‘shake’ the mucus) and is not a toy. However, if the child is the minimum age for using this device (7-years-old) and you feel they have the ability to use the device and understand the exercise, then strict supervision must be provided at all times due to the potential choking hazard of small parts (e.g. the weighted steel ball) when taken apart, for instance, when cleaning.
- If you become dizzy while using Shaker, stop the exercise and breathe calmly through the nose until the feeling stops. If dizziness occurs every time you use the Shaker, inhale and exhale without the device every 3rd breath. Should dizziness persist, or any other problems arise whilst using the Shaker, please stop using the device immediately and consult your physician.
- The Shaker is designed to be used for mobilising pulmonary secretions. No other use is intended or implied. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
- Only devices sold in sealed packaging should be used.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be returned if the seal is broken.