Bodystat Multiscan 5000
£9,120.00 Inc Tax £7,600.00 Ex Tax
The Bodystat Multiscan 5000 is a spectroscopy (BIS) device for measuring the Volume of Fluid Overload in litres, particularly for Dialysis and Lymphoedema. It uses a method called Bioelectrical Impedance Spectroscopy (BIS) and will measure at 50 frequencies, ranging from 5 kHz to 1000 kHz.
BIS calculates body composition and hydrational values using Cole-Cole analysis. The 50 frequencies measured by the MultiScan5000 are used to produce the Cole-Cole plot.
In dialysis clinics, the Multiscan 5000 will assist in the assessment of Dry Weight.
For lymphodema, the Multiscan 5000 is useful as an early warning indicator, as it is able to detect tiny shifts of fluid inside the body.
The Bodystat Multiscan 5000 has 50 frequency device measuring from 5kHz to 1000kHz. It uses spectroscopy (BIS Bioimpedance Spectroscopy) and Cole-Cole Modelling to measure body composition and hydration across all 50 frequencies. From this measurement, the volume of fluid overload (in litres) is deduced.
The Multiscan also uses Bioimpedance Vector Analysis (BIVA) at 50kHz to give a pictorial ellipse of a patient’s results in terms of Body Cell Mass (cachectic or athletic) and Hydration (dehydration or overhydration).
Bodystat Multiscan 5000 Medical Applications:
Diuretics, accurate fluid monitoring and decrease of lean muscle mass are all concerns for patients, nurses and doctors. Bioelectrical impedance technology meets these needs non-invasively, giving accurate and reliable measurements for fluid, lean muscle mass, nutritional status and overall cellular health.
Bioelectrical impedance technology is used successfully in dialysis wards to measure volume of fluid over-hydration to help determine dry weight. It is also used in Intensive Care wards to assess nutritional status, recovery rate and hydration levels.
In addition, the Bodystat Multiscan 5000 may be used to detect malnutrition in patients with normal or high body fat by an assessment of body cell mass. Body cell mass can easily be obscured by an expansion of extracellular fluid which will not be detected by looking at an overall increase in total body weight.
- Dialysis: Totally non-invasive measurement of over-hydration and nutrition status
- Surgery: Predict potential complications of oedema post-surgery and reduce bed occupancy
- Obesity: An essential tool in the management and motivation of patients
- Paediatrics: Track body composition changes and monitor health during treatment
- Diabetes: Understand, measure, manage and motivate diabetic patients
- Oncology: Track patient changes before, during and after treatment
- Critical Care: Essential body composition information in the care of the critically ill
- Elderly: With an increasingly elderly population, accurate measurements are vital
- Lymphoedema: Minimise the risk of lymphoedema with early prediction
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease): Help to achieve the optimal body composition in COPD patients
Can only be shipped to UK and Ireland
Features & Benefits
Key Features and Benefits:
- Reports for hydration, physiology, body composition, health, weight loss and cardiovascular risk
- Prediction marker and Phase Angle measure cellular health for multiple applications
- Cole-Cole modelling – diagrams instantly visible on the device after measurement
- Volume of fluid overload in litres (OHY)
- BIVA vector analysis seen on display as well as in BIS software
- Cell membrane capacitance
- Impedance quality control graph
- Totally non-invasive and just 6 seconds to receive the results, no waiting
- Battery operated making the unit light and portable
- Colour screen display and all results including graphs seen immediately after measurement
- Colour touchscreen makes it easy to view the results on screen
- Device will store 1000 tests, so test recall is available on the device without having to download the results into the software
- Wi-Fi enabled to download into the software
- Windows XP, 7, 8 and 8.1
- Detailed trending reports visible in BIS software
- Personalised branding of reports (add logo to the report)
- Test or group reference number (for research) can be added, patient number or ID, patient name and consultant notes can all be added to the patient test
- Can be saved on to any drive (C:/ or local server)
- Reports can be emailed or saved as any format e.g. PDF
- Fat % and weight and normal ranges
- Lean % and weight and normal ranges
- Dry Lean Weight
- Skeletal Muscle Mass (SMM)*
- Body Cell Mass*
- Total Body Water % and in litres plus normal ranges
- ECW %* and volume (ltrs) plus normal ranges
- ICW %* and volume (ltrs) plus normal ranges
- Volume of Over-Hydration in Litres (OHY)*
- Nutrition Index
- Basal Metabolic Rates*
- BMR/Body Weight*
- Average Daily Requirement (calories)*
- Body Mass Index (BMI) and normal ranges
- BFMI (Body Fat Mass Index) and normal ranges
- FFMI (Fat Free Mass Index) and normal ranges
- Waist/Hip Ratio
- Prediction Marker™
- Impedance, Resistance, Reactance and Phase Angle values at 50 frequencies from 5kHz to 1000kHz
- BIVA Vector Graph including population reference selection*
- Cole-Cole Plot
- Cell Membrane Capacitance*
- Characteristic Frequency*
In The Box
MultiScan 5000 includes:
- Multi-Frequency Impedance Spectroscopy Measuring Unit with touch-screen display
- Red & Black 1.2 metre Cable Leads (2)
- MultiScan 5000 User’s Guide
- Bodystat Disposable Electrodes (120 qty – 3 packets)
- Bodystat rechargeable battery (pre-installed)
- Battery charger (Ecore Wireless Charger)
- 4-Port USB Universal Adapter Plug
- Bodystat Calibrator
- Wifi module fitted for remote cloud firmware updates and diagnostics
- USB Cable for data software communication and download
- Customised Padded Shoulder Bag
- BIS Software Program and User’s Guide
- 12 Month Warranty on Return to Factory Basis (excluding lead wires).