POWERbreathe K3 Electronic Breathing Trainer
£375.00 Ex VAT £312.50
The POWERbreathe K3 is part of the 3rd generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) K-Series. This advanced model uses the same auto-optimising IMT technology as the K1 and K2 with the addition of extra features, including automatic warm up / cool down mode and graphical display of training sessions (up to 36 sessions can be stored).
The POWERbreathe K3 is perfect for people who require a comprehensive breathing training program, complete with all four Breathing Modes (training options) and who wish to visually chart their improvement over all training sessions, past and present.
- Additional information
- Use & Care
- Cleaning your K3
- Compare K-Series Devices
- Reviews (0)
The POWERbreathe K-Series is the 3rd generation of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Trainers (breathing trainers) and the world’s first portable precision electronic inspiratory muscle training and monitoring system. POWERbreathe K-Series is rechargeable and supplied with a recharging and display stand.
The POWERbreathe K-Series uses the basic principles of resistance training – just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the electronically controlled, rapid-response valve creates a resistance to inhalation – thereby increasing inspiratory muscle strength and endurance.
The POWERbreathe K3 training resistance is specifically designed to match the dynamic changes in breathing muscle strength throughout your breath and can automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session. Training measurement results are displayed on the screen, allowing you to monitor training progress and to optimise your training technique.
The POWERbreathe training regime of 30 breaths twice a day, typically takes only a few minutes a day, and when used correctly you should start to feel the benefits within just a few weeks.
POWERbreathe is drug-free and natural with no side effects or drug interactions.
What’s included in the box?
- POWERbreathe K3 Inspiratory Muscle Trainer
- Recharging & display stand
- Instructional DVD (approx: 35-mins)
- Soft-touch nose-clip
- Storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets
- User Manual
Load, Power, Volume
Can only be shipped to UK and Ireland
- Auto-optimising IMT technology – automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Advanced variable load training – optimised to match the strength profile of your inspiratory muscles
- Rapid response valve mechanism used to load inspiratory muscles
- 4 x Breathing Modes: Training Mode; Warm-up Mode; Cool-down Mode; Relax Mode
- Simple LCD menu system for navigating through different settings and to view training results
- Results Display:
– Latest session load (cmH2O)
– Inspiratory muscle strength improvement (%)
– Previous session load (cmH2O)
– Graphical load history (last 38 sessions)
– Lung Volume (Litres)
– Latest session power (Watts)
– Inspiratory muscle power improvement (%)
– Previous session power (Watts)
– Graphical power history (last 38 sessions)
– Latest session work (Joules)
– Inspiratory muscle work improvement (%)
– Previous session work (Joules)
– Graphical work history (last 38 sessions)
- Training guidance system, including breathing pacing coach
- Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique
- A detachable valve assembly for easy cleaning
- Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use
- Ergonomic grip design
Use & Care
- Charge the unit.
- Power on.
- Select ‘start’ from the menu then, select ‘train’.
- Put the nose-clip on.
- Breathe – until you hear the beep. Repeat for 30 breaths.
- View results.
Cleaning your K3
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week you remove the valve head and soak it in warm water for about 10 minutes (see POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week soak the valve head in a mild sterilising solution instead of water, using these POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets – only 1 tablet is required each time
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
- Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations. Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum. Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.