£29.99 Inc Tax £24.99 Ex Tax
The Shaker Deluxe by POWERbreathe is an easy to use respiratory device for mobilising pulmonary secretions such as mucus and catarrh. Developed using the latest design technology, the Shaker Deluxe is ergonomic and simple to use; it requires no additional assembly.
Inside the casing of the shaker is a weighted ball. By breathing into the Shaker Deluxe, the ball is raised but then falls under its own weight. This rise and fall action happens extremely quickly and to the user, feels like a vibration. This vibration, combined with the gentle resistance created by breathing against the ball causes a number of positive benefits. Changes in air pressure mean the smaller airways are encouraged to open, increasing lung usage and efficiency. Mucus is thinned or dislodged by the vibration and increased airflow helps this mucus to move to the large airways where gentle coughing can expel it.
Shaker Deluxe can be used anywhere, offering simple and convenient relief from excessive mucus and its associated problems. Shaker Deluxe can be used for chronic conditions such as COPD, asthma, emphysema and acute problems like chesty coughs, flu and bronchitis. By clearing the airways the chances of developing lung infections and damaging the lungs is reduced. Lung function is also improved, reducing breathlessness and fatigue.
Care and maintenance
Because your Shaker Deluxe will be exposed to saliva during use, we recommend that your Shaker Deluxe is cleaned after use. Remove the mouthpiece, unscrew the back case and remove the ball and internal cone. Wash all parts in soapy water, rinse with clean water, dry thoroughly and re-assemble. Once a week we recommend that the device is cleansed using approved cleansing tablets.
|Minimum Pressure Required|
Injected Polymide, Nickel Plated Steel
Can only be shipped to UK and Ireland
- Mechanical Behaviors of Flutter VRP1, Shaker, and Acapella Devices
- Utilization of a High-Frequency Oral Oscillatory Device with Mechanical Ventilation
- Analysis of the functioning of the Shaker® to diverse levels of ﬂow
- Respiratory physiotherapy in patients with cystic fibrosis: a literature review
- The use of oral high-frequency oscillation in mechanically ventilated patients: a study prospective and literature revision
- Effect of oral high-frequency oscillation technique at different expiratory pressures on heart autonomic function and cardiorespiratory parameters
- Shaker Deluxe is a single user device and for hygiene purposes, should not be shared with other users.
- Shaker Deluxe should not be used by individuals with pneumothorax.
- Individuals with a severe cardiovascular disease should only use Shaker Deluxe on advice from a Doctor.
- Do not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting your doctor.
- Adult supervision may be required, when being used by children under the age of 16.
- If you become dizzy while using Shaker Deluxe, stop the exercise and breathe calmly through the nose until the feeling stops. If dizziness occurs every time you use the Shaker Deluxe, inhale and exhale without the Shaker Deluxe every 3rd breath. Should dizziness persist, or any other problems arise whilst using Shaker, please stop using the device immediately and consult your physician.
- Shaker Deluxe is designed to be used for mobilising pulmonary secretions. No other use is intended or implied. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
- Only devices sold in sealed packaging should be used.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- This product is sealed to maintain hygiene and cannot be returned if the seal is broken.