Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms & Conditions of Trading for HaB Direct and HaB International Ltd. By ordering with us, you accept these terms and conditions and you confirm to us that you are at least 18 years of age. Information published on this website is aimed at HaB International Ltd. markets in general and the information may not apply to the US market.
- Company Registration
- Product Information
- Basis of Sale
- Non-acceptance of order
- Delivery Costs Following Brexit
- Delivery Costs
- International Orders
- Order by Phone/Purchase Order
- Delivery of orders
- Returns Policy & Shortages Policy
- Returns Policy for International Orders
- Returns – products that are non-returnable
- Service, Repair & Maintenance
- Warranties, Liabilities, Title and Risk
- Third Party Links
- Our Rights
- Copyright & Trademarks
HaB Direct is a trading name of HaB International Ltd, also known within these Terms and Conditions as HaB.
Company registration number 2035765, registered in England and Wales. VAT Number 522 5622 69. Registered address: HaB International Ltd., 15 Warwick Rd, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6YW England, United Kingdom.
All correspondence should be directed to Head Office:
Telephone: +44(0) 1926 816100
Address: HaB International Ltd
HaB International Limited offices are open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders can only be despatched and queries answered during this time.
Every care has been taken to ensure that all descriptions, measurements, colours and prices are correct. Measurements given are approximate. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of colour reproduction, colours may vary. Because some items are hand-made from natural materials there will be slight variations from item to item.
We try very hard to ensure that all items featured on this site are in stock or are available to order. However, due to the vast number of items featured, discontinued or out of stock items may not be removed immediately. If an item is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute the item for a similar product at no extra cost to you. However, if you are unhappy with the substituted item, you can return the product at no extra cost to you. (Please see the ‘Returns Policy’ section).
We endeavour to ship items with at least a 3 month use by date on. This is not always possible – some items have naturally short use by dates.
Products come with a Manufacturer’s Warranty where applicable. If product is covered by a Manufacturer’s Warranty and the product needs returning, overseas customers are responsible for shipping product to and from HaB International. (UK customers are covered for shipping costs of returned goods providing goods are deemed faulty.)
Prices shown on this website apply to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only. Prices for products featured on this site are shown inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate and are correct at the time of entry onto the system.
In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to human or technical error, HaB Direct shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products or services listed at the incorrect price. HaB Direct shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and monies have been set-aside on your chosen payment method. Please note that prices can increase, as well as decrease.
Products marked Web Exclusive Price are only available at the price indicated when ordered online.
Please note that only one promotional code or discount offer can be used per order, and not in conjunction with any other offers or promotional codes (including products marked as ‘special price’). We may also limit the number of items you can purchase at any time.
Basis of Sale
When you click on “Add to Basket” at the checkout on the website, or telephone to place an order, you offer to buy the Goods at the prices indicated including any delivery charges that apply to your purchase. All orders will be subject to these conditions. Orders placed online will be acknowledged via the email address you provide. The acknowledgement is sent to you automatically and you are advised to be aware that if an error or omission has occurred, despite our best efforts (please see under ‘Non-acceptance of an order’ heading), we retain the right to cancel the order.
If you make an error while placing an order such as:
- Incorrect Address
- Wrong Quantity
- Adding or Removing an item on the order
Please Contact Us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to make any requested changes.
Non-acceptance of Order
Orders may be rejected as a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- A system error – such as an error with the automatic confirmation
- You request delivery outside of UK mainland and do not accept the extra delivery or charges that may be applicable
- Orders placed online regardless of any request to call will not be accepted.
Prices for products featured on this site are shown exclusive of VAT and inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the prevailing rate. The total cost of your order is the price of the Products ordered plus delivery charges and any other charges as set out in the ‘Delivery Costs’ section. HaB may contact you to inform you of any further charges that may have been omitted by mistake.
HaB Direct accepts the following debit and credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and AmEx (American Express). Payment will be debited and cleared from your account at the point of placing your order. This may mean that payment will be taken from your account before non-stocked items are ordered.
HaB Direct also accepts payment via PayPal and by Bank Transfer. Goods will not be ordered or despatched until full payment has been received.
You confirm that the credit, debit or store card that is being used is yours, or that you are legally authorised to use the card.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. Please note that using PayPal eCheques require up to 10 days to clear before the payment is released to us. Goods will not be ordered and/or delivered until payment has cleared.
Delivery Costs Following Brexit
For UK customers: Brexit does not affect your online purchases and you can continue to shop as usual.
For International Customers:
The price you pay to HaB Direct will exclude all relevant import duties and sales taxes. As the recipient of the order, you must pay these duties and taxes directly to release your order from Customs.
We are not able to advise you on the exact cost of duties and taxes and would therefore recommend you contact your local Customs office or tax authority before placing an order.
1. Customs Duty fees and Taxes are not included in your order total. All duties and/or taxes are the responsibility of the customer and are not paid for by HaB Direct. HaB Direct and the shipping company are not responsible for these extra charges which are set by your local country, and we have no control over them.
2. You are now liable for all Customs Duty and Taxes payable locally to your country of delivery. These charges are extra and are not covered by the shipping charge or cost of the goods. Ensure you check your local Duty and Taxes before placing an order for international delivery so that you are aware of the additional costs that you must pay your country.
3. Online purchases for delivery to addresses within the European Union will no longer be subject to UK VAT (as per the rest of the world), effective 1 January 2021.
ONLINE – UK Mainland:
- Free delivery on orders totalling over £150 (inc VAT)*
Orders totalling £150 or under (including VAT & delivery costs)
- Standard Delivery: £4.99 (ex VAT)*
- Next Day Delivery: Orders must be placed before 2pm GMT (See Delivery of All Orders for specific details and limitations) – £10.00 (ex VAT)** Please note this is not currently available.
*Additional Shipping Charges – Some items / orders are excluded from the Free Delivery offer as they may incur extra charges due to the item being:
- Heavy or large and therefore require pallet delivery, eg weights, bikes, Douglas bag carts etc.
- Subject to an installation charge, e.g., h/p/cosmos treadmills etc.
- Are ordered directly from the manufacturer or 3rd party supplier and are subject to a manufacturers delivery charge, e.g. some consumables, anatomical models etc.
** Next Day Delivery: Some products are not kept in stock. This might be due to:
- ensuring you received the longest date / newest stock available
- the item being a specialist item that is sent directly from the manufacturer
Wherever possible we have made every effort to highlight these items (shown as having an Additional Shipping Charge).
If you wish to purchase more than one item from a range that incurs an additional delivery charge, please Contact Us so that we may offer a special rate for your multiple purchases, as opposed to incurring a charge for each individual product ordered.
Orders placed online regardless of this request to call will not be accepted.
Before your order is accepted and fulfilled, we may contact you to inform you of any further charges, especially if the order involves multiple quantities and requires shipping via a pallet.
Please note that Next Day Delivery means that items are shipped using a 24hr Delivery Service which is not guaranteed by Royal Mail or DHL. We may not despatch within 24hrs if an item ordered is not in stock. Your order will still be shipped using a 24hr service.
We are pleased to accept international orders on HaB Direct. Please ensure you select your Shipping Method at checkout. To estimate your shipping charge after adding items to your basket, you need to enter your details in your shopping cart/basket: Select Country, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code and then click the ‘Get a Quote’ button.
International Delivery Services aim to deliver to Europe within 1-3 working days after leaving our warehouse, and worldwide within 1-5 working days after leaving our warehouse. This can be up to 4 weeks however. Please note, HaB will only be held responsible for the delivery of the order while the parcel is still in the UK.
The contents of this website are aimed solely at UK customers. However HaB accepts orders for delivery to many locations outside of the UK subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions. Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside the UK or place orders for delivery to locations outside the UK are responsible for finding out about and complying with local laws.
Products are sold on a delivery duty unpaid basis. You are liable for all Duty and Taxes payable locally to your country of delivery. Customers are required to check these details before placing an order for international delivery.
Not all products are available for sale internationally. This is due to customs, legal, regulatory and / or certain practical or shipping restrictions. Some of our products may not be available for delivery to certain destinations outside the UK. HaB reserves the right to define what can and cannot be delivered to which destination.
Payment – Purchases will be made in Pounds Sterling. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate and may add an additional processing or administration charge in relation to such payment which international credit card holders will be liable to pay. This is outside of our control.
Order by Phone/Purchase Order
We accept Credit Card payment for UK orders by phone up to a value of £500 inc VAT. By paying by credit card, you confirm that you are legally authorised to use that credit card.
We also accept Purchase Orders by email. Please include the following information on your Purchase Order:
- The full Invoice and Delivery address
- The name and position of the person authorised to make orders for the Goods
- A purchase order number
- Any Special Instructions
Delivery Costs for orders placed over the phone or by Purchase Order:
- Delivery £10 + VAT for orders under £500 Ex VAT
- Delivery is FOC on all orders over £500 Ex VAT
As with online orders, Additional Shipping Charges may apply to heavy or large items or products that incur a manufacturer’s delivery charge.
To cover extra administration costs, please be aware that a Small Order Charge of £15.00 (ex VAT) will be added to all Purchase Orders under the value of £50.00 (Ex VAT), in addition to the standard £10.00 Carriage Charge. This Small Order Charge does not apply to web orders or other orders paid for in full before delivery.
We offer a 30 day credit facility to the following UK customers (subject to good payment history):
- Schools, Universities and Colleges
- NHS Hospitals, Clinics and Trusts
- National Governing Bodies of Sport
- Uniformed Services
If you do not have a credit account with us, are overseas, a member of the public, or are a Personal Trainer, Sports & Health/Fitness Club, or an Occupational & Corporate Health Company please place your order online where you can pay by card, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
- These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all orders and supersede any terms or conditions which you may purport to apply under any purchase order confirmation or similar document.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of your acceptance of these Conditions.
Delivery of orders
For next day UK delivery, orders must be placed BEFORE 14:00 GMT. (This option does not apply during UK public holiday periods.) Orders placed BEFORE 14:00 GMT on a Friday will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed AFTER 14:00 GMT on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday should be delivered on the following Tuesday.
Please note that we are unable to offer Next Day Delivery to remote areas of the UK (as decided by Royal Mail, Parcel Force or DHL). These include many postcodes in Scotland, Wales, Islands and Northern Ireland. We endeavour to advise you prior to shipping if your delivery is affected.
Please note that Next Day Delivery may mean that items are shipped using a 24hr Delivery Service, although we may not despatch within 24hrs if an item ordered is not in stock. We will contact you if this is the case.
Our standard UK delivery time is 2 – 4 working days for stocked items (usually dispatched within 24 hours, except during UK public holiday periods), but please allow up to 28 days for non-stocked items. Items made to your own specification or delivered directly from manufacturer may incur a longer delivery time.
Delivery dates are not guaranteed as we are at the mercy of the shipping companies. We use Royal Mail, Parcel Force, DHL or SAS Pallet Services. We shall make every reasonable effort to deliver goods by any quoted delivery date. If the carrier attempts delivery, but is unable to deliver, a second attempt will usually be made. If they are still unable to deliver, HaB are not to be held responsible. Please allow up to 3 weeks for the items to be returned to HaB. Once received, you will be refunded the cost of goods only. If you still require the goods, you will be required to pay for redelivery.
Pallet Deliveries are to kerbside only. If you require the goods being delivered into a building, please Contact Us for an Installation quote and to purchase.
Please note: You will be responsible for any costs HaB incurs and HaB will not be held responsible for any losses or damages arising from:
- Goods ordered in error
- You failing to take delivery of the Goods
- Inadequate delivery instructions meaning the shipping company is unable to deliver
Returns & Shortages Policy
If for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase or if the goods are faulty or damaged, please Contact Us within 14 days of receiving the goods and we will send you a Returns Form.
- You then have 14 days to return the goods. Please ensure goods are returned in their original product packaging and new, unused condition.
- Please wrap goods securely for transit and enclose the Returns Form.
- We will not refund, replace or exchange items that are lost or damaged in transit.
- Returns are sent at your own expense. We will only refund the cost of reasonable postage where the item returned is deemed to be faulty. (Please supply a receipt for the cost of posting).
Once we have received and verified the returned goods we will initiate the refund, replacement or exchange within 14 days. In the event of a full refund due to the item being faulty, we will refund any return postage and the basic delivery charge (£4.99 Ex VAT) if the original order included a delivery charge.
Please note the reasonable cost of shipping/delivery will not be refunded unless the goods are faulty. Replacements or Exchanges will be delivered Free of Charge to UK and Northern Ireland addresses only.
Returns may be subject to a Restocking Charge of 10% of the value of the items being returned.
Shortages – please check Packing List to confirm that the outstanding items is not ‘To Follow’. If it is not, please Contact Us to advise of the shortage within 14 days of receipt.
Returns Policy for International Orders
In addition to the Returns Policy, International Customers should be aware of the following:
- Refunds for items that are returned that are not faulty will exclude any shipping costs, including the cost of returning the item.
- Shipping charges will only be refunded in the event of an item being Faulty. Replacements of faulty items will be delivered Free of Charge.
- Exchanges are returned at your own expense and you will be required to pay for any shipping.
- Returns may be subject to a Restocking Charge of 10% of the value of the items being returned.
- When you return goods from outside the UK, please ensure you fill out the returns form and mark your parcel as “returned goods” otherwise it may get held up at customs or a duty charge may be incurred. This could cause your refund to be delayed and you will be liable for any charges.
Address for all Returns is as follows:
HaB International Ltd,
Returns and Cancelling an Order – Important: products that are non-returnable
Please note that your right to return goods or cancel an order does NOT apply to products that fall into the following categories:
- Goods made to your specification (e.g. Treadmills, Treatment Couches & Stools made to your own selected specifications or colour option).
- Items that are ordered specially to fulfil your order. These include:
- Items that are made to order or are delivered direct from the Manufacturer such as Anatomical Models, many spare parts and capital equipment.
- Items that normally have a short use by date. (Some items have a naturally short date and we only bring stock in when we receive an order so that you get the longest possible date).
- If large or unusual quantities or items that are not usually stocked are ordered and goods have to be specially ordered from our supplier to fulfil the order.
- CDs, DVDs or other recording media, software or videos if the seal is broken.
- Products where hygiene is important e.g. POWERbreathe and other Better Breathing Products; or Blood Testing Products such as Lactate Pro and Lactate Scout products, if the seal is broken or packaging opened.
- Mobile phone apps
Returns or Cancelled orders where stock has been specially ordered may be subject to a Restocking / Cancelled Order Charge of 10% of the value of the items.
Service, Repair & Maintenance
HaB Direct offer a comprehensive range of Service, Repair and Maintenance options. Contact Us for more information.
With current legislation for health and safety being of the utmost importance, we strongly recommend regular servicing of your equipment, not only helping you to meet all current health and safety guidelines, but also limiting the possibility of injury to you and your clients, reducing the amount of downtime throughout the year and maximising the life of your equipment. Please Contact Us for details.
Repair & Maintenance of our Exclusive Major Brands
We offer various, tailor-made service contract options for on-site service and maintenance of equipment. Depending on the product and the service requirement, items can either be serviced on site by our fully trained technicians or returned to our Service Centre. Please Contact Us to make arrangements.
Service and maintenance of items such as treadmills and ergometers etc. will be carried out by our technicians who have been fully trained by the relevant manufacturer. Please Contact Us to make arrangements.
After each service an official ‘Certificate of Service’ will be issued for you to display within your facility. In addition to service contracts we are also able to offer fully inclusive extended warranty packages. Please Contact Us to make arrangements.
Service, Repair & Maintenance of our high quality, industry leading products, such as EKF, are usually carried out off-site by the manufacturer.
Spare parts – HaB Direct features a comprehensive range of spare parts for products, equipment and systems. If you cannot find what you need on the website then please contact Customer Services who would be happy to help: Please Contact Us.
Servicing, Repair & Maintenance of all other products
In the event of a fault being discovered after 28 days from date of purchase, or you would like to arrange a service or have a calibration requirement, products should be returned directly to the manufacturer to speed up the process. Items are returned at your own risk and you are strongly advised to obtain tracking details for your parcel as the manufacturers do not accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit and postage is not refundable.
Warranties, Liabilities, Title and Risk
Goods are sold subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and are subject to the use and maintenance terms therein. For further information about specific product warranties, please Contact Us.
Consumable items which may be supplied with the Goods are excluded from all warranties unless specifically stated.
HaB accept no liability for any damages, losses or injury (both real or potential) arising from using any product that HaB supplies or any event beyond our control.
In spite of delivery having been made, goods will not become your property until:
- You have paid for the goods in full with funds that you confirm are your own or that you have authorisation to use and;
- You have no outstanding balance on your account.
- You agree to return or surrender any goods that remain unpaid for, as well as reimbursing any costs that HaB incur while recovering our property.
You may create an account in order to access certain services or areas of the Site or to make re-ordering quicker and easier. Your user name and password are for your personal use only. If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. HaB reserves the right to terminate your account, refuse service to you or cancel orders.
HaB International Ltd cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services and websites (collectively, our “Services”).
Users of this website may post reviews, send communication and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
HaB reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you
- (a) grant HaB and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media; and
- (b) HaB and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to HaB, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of HaB.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to HaB: (i) the content and material is accurate; (ii) use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable HaB policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify HaB and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against HaB or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
We do not share personal data with third parties unless this is clearly stated, or we are required to to complete your order (e.g. shipping companies).
The information contained on this website is designed to support, not replace, the relationship between patients and their health professionals and does not constitute medical advice.
Third Party Links
Please note that once you have left the HaB Direct website, even via a link on our site, we cannot be held liable for any other websites policies and actions.
We reserve the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof, including products) and Mail Order Catalogues, marketing or product related materials with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to, or withdrawal of, the website or mail order. We may also update the Terms and Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such changes. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If, at any time, you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions or any change to the Terms and Conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
Copyright & Trademarks
“HaB” logo type and all other Trade Marks or Registered Trade Marks are owned by HaB Holdings.
All articles, reports, training protocols, training timetables, trademarks, graphics, text, content, sound and other elements making up the website and mail order catalogues are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other proprietary rights of their respective owners. If you wish to reproduce any content, please Contact Us or obtain written approval before doing so.
You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these terms and conditions and to download no more than one copy of the Website for your personal, non-commercial use.
No order is binding to you or HaB Direct until we have accepted it.
All prices are subject to change.
Sales on this website are governed by English Law and you agree to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts within the geographical territory of England. Use of the site and all orders are subject to these terms and conditions, and no amendments will be accepted by us.
HaB Direct may refer to general information about medical conditions and possible treatments. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such. At no point does HaB International Ltd offer medical advice. The information found on this website, or given by one of our employees or representatives is not a substitution for, or an alternative to medical advice. We strongly recommend you seek professional medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider for any medical questions you have or medical conditions you think you may be suffering from. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
HaB Direct will not be responsible for failure to fulfil any obligation due to causes beyond our control.
Please send any comments or complaints to our Head Office Address:
HaB International Ltd
Or Contact Us